MANY PARENTS are waking up to the fact that parenting is not about controlling their children, but about empowering themselves and their children. 9 Ways to Bring Out the Best in You & Your Child is about turning power struggles into powerful relationships. It is about raising children who are full of spirit and life, and about teaching them to be caring human beings.
Maggie Reigh teaches that parenting is a matter of the heart. Combining profound insights with practical ideas, Reigh shows parents how to raise respectful, responsible, and resilient children, and at the same time, add more life and laughter to their children’s lives and their own.
For every parent who recognizes parenting as an important job, this book offers 9 valuable chapters on raising children who are respectful, responsible and resilient. Combining profound insights with practical ideas, this book will show parents how to encourage children to develop the courage to discover their own strengths and offer their gifts to others. The book is full of stories and examples that bring parenting tools and concepts to life.
Review excerpt: “This is a book that could revolutionize both the way we treat children in our homes and schools, and the way children accept and put into practice taking responsibility for their own actions. It’s a book that makes me want to stand up and cheer on just about every page…Marnie Agnew, KUCA News, Editor …. read more + order
for book only
for book + workbook (save $4)
digital ePub book for use with eReaders If you don’t have a physical eBook reader, you can download Adobe Digital Editions to read the ePub book on you computer
This resource brings learning to life by providing experiential exercises that guide parents, families, and professionals in applying skills and concepts to everyday life. The workbook expands on concepts presented in the book, 9 Ways to Bring Out the Best in You & Your Child and gives you tools to:
- Put your life into perspective and create what you want NOW
- Recognize and break free from unwanted parenting patterns you may have ‘inherited’
- Increase self-awareness and take charge of your emotions
- Deal with anger and aggression in children
- Pro-actively coach children to develop the practical and social skills they need to succeed in life
- To release and proven stress through activity and relaxation exercises
- Stimulate discussion and invite parents to work together
- Improve communication skills in the whole family through exercises and games you can play together
- Create loving and trusting relationships
- Problem solve peacefully and teach children to resolve their own conflicts
- Increase self-awareness and deal with your own difficult emotions
- Raise your child’s self-esteem, reduce sibling rivalry and encourage cooperation
- Discipline in ways that encourage responsibility and accountability and discourage rebellion and resentment
Throughout the workbook you’ll find self-assessment and reflective exercises, quotes an discussion starters, tips and charts and family activities that invite everyone to get involved and create the family life worth living!
for workbook only
for book + workbook (save $4)
First she revolutionized the way we communicate with and parent our children with 9 Ways to Bring Out the Best in You and Your Child; then she calmed down our frazzled nerves with Taking the Terror Out of Temper Tantrums; now Maggie Reigh has created a powerful little resource with far reaching results.
Is your child sometimes a challenge? Discover how these challenging times could be the best times to create learning opportunities. You don’t need to be that parents who feels helpless, frustrated, guilty or embarrassed. You can be that relaxed and happy parent.
Especially When they Misbehave was created to help parents, just like you, to deal with kids, just like yours….read more + order
immediate digital download
Do you feel frustrated, stressed, helpless, embarrassed, angry and/or overwhelmed by your child’s behaviour? You are not alone! Tantrums and aggressive behaviour hurt everyone in the family.
Finally! here is a proven way for you to save your sanity and get the results you need.
Let’s face it – kids know how to push your buttons and kids who lose their temper usually push you until you lose your temper too. Maybe your child is having a total melt down right now — or perhaps you’ve just been through one and are feeling exhausted.
The Taking the Terror out of Temper Tantrums kit offers you practical tools, ideas and solutions to help your entire family. Not only will you discover how to reduce the frequency and intensity of temper tantrums, the whole family will learn to cope with the tantrums. You will love the way parents and kids learn together!
- Read the children’s story, Wee Bree and the Grand Shopping Spree, and discover how Bree coaches her mom to calm down when Mom loses it!
- Encourage children to sing and dance to the Wee Bree song and wiggle out frustrations.
- Enjoy simple activities and games that help everyone learn to handle emotions and live together more peacefully and cooperatively.
- Listen to the special section for parents and discover helpful hints and insights for creating a happy family life.
Children 2 to 7 will love the story and activities, and older children may love to listen and learn as you read to the younger ones!…. read more + order
immediate digital download *Free book shipped to you for each kit purchased… while quantities last!
The perfect story and relaxation CD for you and your child!
“This charming and delightful tale is like a mirror that reflects back to us how we have lost our way in the world and how simple and easy it is to return to the true essence of who we are and what we are here for.” – Jack Canfield, co-author, Chicken Soup for the Soul
This story’s universal message appeals to all ages. Children and adults alike love the music and funky rhyming language, and it speaks loudly and clearly to the drama of teen life. Remembering De-Light has a way of working in our inner world long after we’ve listened to it, reminding us to act from our own inner strength and ward off peer pressure, regardless of what age we may be! In school or at home, it provides an ideal spring board to drama activities and other activities that stimulate imagination, creative movement, art, and listening skills while supporting emotional and spiritual well-being.
Childcare professionals say it’s the perfect story and relaxation CD for their centre. Moms, dads, grammas and grandpas find it’s a CD they enjoy listening to with their kids again and again…. read more + order
Receive updates and specials in your inbox!